Friday, July 10, 2009

Turron, turrón, torró sounds like nougat to me!


As I slip through my favourite coffee house each morning a lovely lady who fuels my day with a hearty-breaky and coffee, handed me a little package…

Her instructions were simple: try it and report back. I felt like I was in a special european deli where the staff tells you they have something special out the back! With great honour I took my package and pondered a time to open it.

The little piece of heaven I received was an almond and cranberry infused slice of nougat. I am not a nougat fan at the best of times and never really understood what the fuss was all about until I met with this nugget of goodness. Nougat has that ability to hit with a lot of flavour and continue to give you long pleasure as the chewy composition extends the experience. 

To my friend who skillfully prepared this little gift…...Wasamedia are now nuts about nougat!

No comments:

Post a Comment