Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye Gluttony


As even a cursory glance over the Wasamedia blog entries will betray, the staff here are hopelessly and shamelessly fixated will all things food. From Amy, who harbours a frightful captivation with chocolate, to Caroline, who derives rapture from the mere scent of cheese, to me, with my vociferous obsession for all things saccharine, little time slips us by without a mention, or a munching, of the aforementioned indulgences.  


It is only now, with the whisper of warmer weather in the air and with it, the promise of rising hemlines, that we come to realize we are not immune to the effects of our excesses. And so, somewhat reluctantly, we have entitled August a month of 'Wasamedia Wellbeing’. Mandatory components of this month include exercising three times a week, cutting back on alcohol, and most importantly, limiting our grazing on gluttonous goodies – the most consistent culprits being lollies, cheese, chocolate and, my personal kryptonite - gelato. 


On learning that gelato consumption was to be moderated as part of this time of temperance, my mood dropped (along with my insulin levels) - my monthly outlook seemed bleak in the face of having to control my gelatinous cravings. As I pondered how I could prevent my icy obsession from toppling me off my healthful high horse, I was struck with the delicious realization that, alas, it was only the 28th of July! Wasamedia wellbeing month begins in August! Off to Messina for a gelato…


www.gelatomessina.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment